The museum takes visitors back in time to the first settlers of Yamba and the strong maritime influence that shaped the town through a series of displays. The collection includes the telescope that once belonged to pilot and pioneer Francis Freeburn an old classroom display giving insight into Yamba’s early schooling system. Special exhibitions are also held at the museum at various times of the year.
- More than 2000 historic photographs
- Displays of items from Yamba’s early settlement
- Displays showing Yamba’s maritime past
- Information about early settler Francis Freeburn
- Displays on Yamba’s surfing culture and ties to fishing